Audiee: EeePC audio verb injector menu item
As a result of the awesome development work being done in these very forums, we've got a temporary fix for breaking EeePC's silence… Unfortunately not all of us here are all that fond of the using the terminal or, lets be honest, are just too lazy to bother with all that typing and, worse, having to remember stuff!
Audieee remembers your last setting (Headphones or Speakers) and reinstates that setting after sleep or when the app is relaunched after reboot.
What do I need?
First off you're probably best to have attempted to use some of the methods described in the 'quick and dirty' thread. But here's all you should really need:
What do I do?
- Remove AppleHDA.kext from your Extensions folder (System drive > System > Library > Extensions).
- Install the AzaliaAudio.pkg
- Install Apple Developer Tools (this is needed for ioreg and reggie_se - if there are other methods for installing these elements, feel free to comment below).
- Launch Audieee.
- Listen to things.
- Make sure you're running the stock (vanilla) kernel
- Make sure that audio is enabled in your eeepc's bios
If Audieee still doesn't work 'as advertised' then use the Q&D Thread for troubleshooting BEFORE posting problems in this thread. If you can't turn sound back on via the commands shown in that thread, then Audieee isn't going to work for you until you can. Audieee is just a front end for those same commands.
UPDATE version 1.0.1
- Audieee now runs without a dock icon
- Various 'About Dialogue' bug fixes
You can add Audieee to your Login items to save having to launch it manually after reboot.
Please report back your results as it will help others work out any problems that they may run into.
Audieee was created by Jamie Curmi using parts of QuinnStorm's script (with permission). All i did was slap together the app icon… not bad for a guy with two stitched up eyes… at least as far as I can tell.
PS: This is the only place that Audieee has been released. Feel free to tell others about it, but in an effort to help gather the EeePC/OSX community together please link directly to this thread and not to the file itself. Thanks.