I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 recently. I know most people use iDeneb, but I'm unable to P2P with my IP and Kalyway was the only iso I could find on a DDL. My installation clearly wasn't as successful as other people's has been.. sure, OS X boots up, but I now have a bunch of other issues, some of which aren't just affecting OS X.
- BIOS: I get about 10 seconds of BIOS pages displaying, American Megatrends or something, then pages detailing my system spec. I also can't seem to access the BIOS's settings by pressing F2 at any point.
- Bootloader: I used the no-external-drive method to install OS X, and it seems to have installed two bootloaders. The first one lets me choose which disk to boot from, and then, if I select the Windows partition I have to chose between Windows and the installation partition. I've just deleted the installation partition from within Windows, so I'm betting that my computer won't work next time I try to restart..
Now, on to OS X itself
- Screen resolution: Despite installing the IntelGMA950 kext, and ScreenResX, I can't get the system to change from 800x600. In fact, there are no other resolution options in the Sys Prefs. In ScreenResX, I created the custom 1024x600 setting, which it says will be applied upon reboot. Nope, 800x600 again.
- Missing things: Things that the Mac OS X Help application say should be there are not. Things like Transparent Menu Bar, for example. Also, the Terminal seems to have been neutered completely. The only commands that I could get to work were cd and ls. Everything else, eg make, was not found.
- Screen size issues: Half the system menus don't fit on the screen, and also sometimes when a window is fading-in the top section where (X)(-)(+) are is not displayed correctly - it is the same colour as the window's background.
Mmf. I'm very happy to have OS X on my Eee at all, but it's not usable in its current state.