today I had the time (and a new SSD) to do the first new OS X installation on my 1000h since iDeneb's times. It worked quite well, here is how I did it.
- installed 10.6.0 following Niks instruction on technow.cc with following modifications:
a) after install was finished, booted from the USB-stick again, opened Terminal and manually copied the /Extra folder onto the internal disc.
b) also manually installed the most recent Chameleon, which I had previously copied onto the USB-stick earlier
c) copied the dstd.aml from Dadaz that matched my 1000h with 1GB (also available from technow.cc) into the /Extra
d) renamed the com.apple.Boot.plist in /Extra as it would not boot with it (will edit it in the future)
- booted from the internal disc
- did a software update (nearly 1gb download!) went through fine but resulted in a unbootable system
- got a patched 10.6.3 kernel and the recent sleepenabler.kext, put both on the USB-stick
- booted from the USB-stick again, opened Terminal and manually copied kernel and sleepenabler to / and /Extra/Extensions of internal disc
- ran Niks "eee-mkext-create.sh" in the /Extra of internal disc
- rebooted. 10.6.3 started fine
Now I did run a xbench just to see if everything worked ok. Strangely, CPU test score is only 29.84, about 10 less than when I ran Leopard, Quartz graphics test score is 53.65.
Comments, suggestions welcome.